Friday, March 21, 2008

Another new venture

Theatre blogs have been cropping up in recent years. Some are primarily marketing tools, some are a method of community outreach and feedback, some are filled with theatre history, and a lot are just self promotion for those writing them. I do not know what this one will be.

I imagine there will be a mix of all of these elements. As this ages I will add additional contributors, board members, other staff, some key volunteers. I do hope that this will be another outlet for promoting Civic Theatre, after all that is a large part of my job. But I am also hopeful that there will be great discussions, imaginative posts, and great creativity. We shall see.

It is also my hope that there will be updates, at the very least, weekly, ideally though every few days.

Until later, consider these words from one of the greatest writers of all time:


"I regard the theatre as the greatest of all art forms, the most immediate way in which a human being can share with another the sense of what it is to be a human being."
-Oscar Wilde

That is what we strive for.

2 comments:

Steve Martin said...

Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette reaches out in the 21st Century! I love it, Steve!

The great thing about blogs is that they can be interactive. No matter who writes the opening salvo of a discussion, others can respond, which -- as you said -- will lead to discussions.

I'm excited to see how Civic Theatre, its audiences and others make use of this new tool.

Julia said...

Congratulations, and welcome to the blogosphere! I'm thrilled for Civic and hope to read much more in the near future. -j.