Art students at schools in the 14 counties served by the Tippecanoe Art Federation are eligible for the contest. The counties include Benton, Carroll, Cass, Clinton, Fountain, Howard, Jasper, Montgomery, Newton, Pulaski, Tippecanoe, Tipton, Warren and White.
Each school can submit 1 entry for the contest. The entry must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is due March 2, 2009, and must be sent by a teacher.
Entries must meet the following guidelines:
- Submitted in PDF format, at least 400 dots per inch.
- 11" x 17" in size.
- Includes the Civic Youth Theatre logo, in full color.
- Includes the following phrases: "Civic Youth Theatre presents The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde," "Directed by Steve Martin," "April 3-5, Monon Depot Theatre in downtown Lafayette" and "765-423-PLAY (7529) / www.lafayettecivic.org".
- Includes at least one inch of white space at the bottom for theatre sponsors' logos.
- Full color is preferred, but the entry can be black-and-white.
- The e-mail message that the entry is attached to must include the student's name, year in school, address, phone number and teacher's name. Please do not include this information on the PDF.
- Entries become property of Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette.
The entries will be judged on the ability to visually represent the script's themes of frivolity and romantic love, the ability to capture a person's attention, adherence to guidelines and creativity. A panel of judges will select the winner; the panel's decision is final.
The winning entry will be placed on the theater's marquee, the production's program, flyers and other print advertising, and Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette's electronic media. The winning student will receive 4 complimentary tickets to the opening night performance on Friday, April 3. All official entries will be displayed on a rotating basis in the Monon Depot Theatre's lobby during the production's 3-day, 4-show run. All displays will be accompanied by a card, listing the student's name, school, year and teacher's name.