The committee that is putting together the 2009-2010 Staged Reading Series is soliciting submissions for original scripts by local playwrights. At least one original script will be included in the series over the course of the full season.
Here are the original script submission guidelines:
- Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette prefers a full script submission.
- Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette will accept a query/synopsis with a 5-page dialogue sample.
- Enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope or self-addressed stamped postcard with the submission.
- Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette prefers electronic submissions. They may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submissions may be sent via physical mail to: Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette, Attn.: Staged Reading Committee, 313 N. 5th Street, Lafayette, IN, 47901
- There is no cost to submit an original script. Playwrights are limited to submitting no more than 3 scripts.
- Deadline for submissions: July 31, 2009
- Response date: No later than September 1, 2009
- Chances of being selected: At least one original script per year is included in the Staged Reading Series out of the entire pool of submissions.
- Contract: There are no royalties paid at this time.
- Cast size: 10 or fewer actors are preferred.
- Geographic requirements: Playwrights must reside in the 14-county area served by the Tippecanoe Arts Federation -- Benton County, Carroll County, Cass County, Clinton County, Fountain County, Howard County, Jasper County, Montgomery County, Newton County, Pulaski County, Tippecanoe County, Tipton County, Warren County and White County.
Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette is community theatre located in downtown Lafayette, Indiana. Its home is the historic Monon Depot Theatre. The house has a seating capacity of 155.
For more information about the Staged Reading Series, please call 765-423-PLAY (7529) or visit Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette's Web site.
This information may be forwarded to third parties. Please make reference to the original post on http://www.lafayettecivic.blogspot.com/.