Improv R Us: Students will learn basic techniques of improvisation for the theatre. They will learn the importance of improv as an acting technique, as well as performing in comedic shows. The week will culminate with an improvisational performance showcasing the actors' ability to think quickly on their feet. This camp is for students in Grade 5 and above. It runs June 15-19 from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. The cost of the camp is $130.
Theatre Exploration Camp. This camp will take students through the magical world of the theatre. Students will use music, movement, costumes and arts & crafts to create a world within the theatre. The first session of this camp is for students in Grades 2, 3 or 4. It runs June 22-26 from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. The second session of this camp is for students in Kindergarten and Grade 1. It runs from July 27-31 from 9 a.m.-12 p.m. The cost of the camp is $65.
Guys & Dolls Jr. 4-Week Intensive Summer Camp: This is the second year Civic Youth Theatre has offered an intensive summer camp experience. Mornings will consist of 1-hour classes of voice, movement and acting training, followed by lunch. Afternoons will be dedicated to rehearsing Guys & Dolls Jr. This will be a full-scale production with lights, sound and costumes. All camp partipants will be cast in the show. Students interested in being involved in this camp but not being onstage can participate as part of the tech crew. This camp is for students between the ages of 9 and 18. It runs June 29 through July 24, from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. The conclusion of camp will be two evening performances on July 24 and July 25, along with a Sunday matinee performance on July 26. The cost of the camp is $400.
- Civic Youth Theatre has a limited number of scholarships available.
- Camps are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Early registration is encouraged.
- Registration is not complete until full payment is received.
- Students must bring a sack lunch and beverage to each day of camp. Refrigeration is available. Students will eat outside, weather permitting.
- All classes are held in an air-conditioned environment.
- A medical form must be completed prior to the first day of camp. If Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette does not have a current medical form for the student, one will be mailed to the student upon registration.
For more informaiton about the 2009 Young at Art Civic Youth Theatre Summer Camps, call 765-423-PLAY (7529) or e-mail Melanie R. Buchanan at email@example.com.