All classes will be held in the historic Monon Depot Theatre in downtown Lafayette, taught by seasoned Civic veterans. There also will be special master classes and presentations from theatre professionals from around the country.
The second category of classes is Technical and Design. The four classes being offered during the 2009-2010 season include:
September 12 - Visual Composition Workshop
- Instructors: John David Collier, Steven Koehler and Larry Sommers
- Cost: $20
- Instructors: Dan Becker, Dave Lahr and Tom Moran
- Cost: $20
- Instructor: Steven Koehler
- Cost $20
- Instructor: Steven Koehler with special guest Valerie A. Peterson
- Cost: Free with paid admission to any other workshop, otherwise $20
- Valerie Peterson is a professional Equity Stage Manager with Broadway credits. She will provide a basic introduction to the life of a professional stage manager including stories of triumph and despair. See how stage managing a professional show is different and similar to stage managing a Civic Theatre show.
Each class session will last from noon to 2 p.m.
Payment is required in full before the first class and can be made by cash, check or credit cards. Checks should be made payable to Civic Theatre. Attendees are not considered to be registered until full payment is received.
Refunds are given only for medical reasons.
Space in each class is limited and filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
Civic Theatre reserves the right to cancel any class due to low reservations.
Paid registration to any class entitles a person to attend all three classes with special guest instructors in May.
Look for further details online at http://www.lafayettecivic.org/ and a mailed brochure.