Wednesday, July 1, 2009

In the Wings: The King and I. Meet Jeffrey Baumgarn.


Jeffrey Baumgarn portrays Lun Tha in The King and I, the Civic Under the Stars production of the 2009-2010 season of Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette.

Jeffrey explained why he auditioned for the show.

"One of my friends from church choir convinced me to audition for the show," he said. "I had picked up singing again within the last year after doing it in college."

Jeffrey said Lun Tha finds himself in a difficult situation in the course of the show.

"Lun Tha comes from Burma, and brings Tuptim to Siam to live with the king," he said. "Lun Tha and Tuptim love one another, and he wants to be with her. It's a difficult situation because what they want brings them into direct conflict with the king."

The King and I runs July 10, 11, 17 and 18 at the Tippecanoe County Amphitheatre on State Road 43. Shows begin at 8:00 p.m. Tickets are $15 for adults, $10 for youth aged 18 and under.

For more information about the show or to order tickets, please call 765-423-7529 or visit Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette's Web site.

No comments: