Thursday, July 2, 2009

In the Wings: The King and I. Meet Rashmi Joglekar.


Rashmi Joglekar portrays Tuptim in The King and I, the Civic Under the Stars production of the 2009-2010 season of Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette.

Rashmi is making her Civic debut in this production.

"A lot of my friends have been involved with Civic shows, and they have raved about what an amazing experience it is. That's one reason I auditioned for the show," Rashmi said. "The second reason is that I love to perform. When I saw the show, I was attracted to the role of Tuptim. She is a classic role."

According to Rashmi, Tuptim is trapped by the circumstances she faces during the course of the show.

"Tuptim is forced to leave the man she loves to be with the king, whom she knows nothing about. She perceives him as a beast who treats women as toys. She is struggling to live the life she wants to live," Rashmi concluded.

The King and I runs July 10, 11, 17 and 18 at the Tippecanoe County Amphitheatre on State Road 43. Shows begin at 8:00 p.m. Tickets are $15 for adults, $10 for youth aged 18 and under.

For more information about the show or to order tickets, please call 765-423-7529 or visit Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette's Web site.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cannot wait to see you perform. Break a leg.

Ardent fan