Director Larry Sommers has announced the cast for Our Town, the first production of the 2009-2010 Civic Youth Theatre season at Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette. The script is by Thornton Wilder.
The cast includes:
- Stage Manager - Margaret Duvall
- Dr. Gibbs - Isaiah Hale
- Joe Crowell/Baseball Player #2 - Patrick Hallett
- Howie Newsome/Baseball Player #1 - Tyler Reynolds
- Mrs. Gibbs - Taylor Bundy
- Mrs. Webb - Maria Guido
- George Gibbs - Nathan Keiller
- Rebecca Gibbs - JoEllen Doyle
- Wally Webb - Ben Carter
- Emily Webb - Sydney Cason
- Professor Willard - Sarah Buckser
- Mr. Webb - Cody Walker
- Woman in the Balcony/Box - Elizabeth French
- Woman in the Auditorium - Keanna Patterson
- Simon Stimson - Bryce Robinson
- Mrs. Soames - Gaia Attardo
- Constable Warren - Max Curtis
- Si Crowell/Joe Stoddard - Daniel Hallett
- Samantha Craig - Claudia Mirkowski
- First Dead Man - Sarah Haueisen
- First Dead Woman - Jackie Schmidt
First produced in 1938, this Pulitzer Prize-winning drama of life in the small village of Grover’s Corners is one of the most frequently produced plays today. Using a heightened theatricality to strip away the "artifice of theatre," Thornton Wilder presents the lives and deaths of the inhabitants of a small New England town at the turn of the century.
Our Town opens Friday, October 2 and runs through Sunday, October 4. Friday and Saturday evening performances begin at 7 p.m.; the Sunday afternoon performance begins at 2:30 p.m. Tickets cost $10 for adults, $5 for youth age 18 and under.
For more information about the show or to order tickets, call 765-423-7529 or visit Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette's Web site, http://www.lafayettecivic.org/.