Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette and Civic Youth Theatre are seeking original, previously unproduced and unpublished scripts written by youth (ages 18 and younger) for consideration for the 2010 Young Playwrights Project.
Two to four scripts will be chosen for fully realized productions on the stage of the historic Monon Depot Theatre in downtown Lafayette. The authors will have the opportunity to work with a published playwright to hone their scripts.
Scripts that follow the submission guidelines will be accepted through 4:00 PM on January 29, 2010. Scripts that do not follow the submission guidelines will not be considered.
- Length: Playing time 15 – 30 minutes.
- Setting: Minimal set requirements, single location preferred.
- Cast Size: 2 – 10 actors.
- Subject: Anything. A word on language - Although we do not wish to limit creativity, the author should make every effort to keep the show family friendly. Scripts with mature themes and language will not be considered.
- Script Requirements: Typed in script format. Author's name, address, telephone numbers, e-mail address, age, school name and grade should be written on a 3" x 5" index card and paper-clipped to the script. The author's name should not appear anywhere else.
Submissions should be mailed or hand delivered to:
Young Playwrights Project
Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette
313 North 5th Street
Lafayette, IN 47901
Scripts will not be returned, but an evaluation will be sent to each playwright upon request with the inclusion of a self-addressed, stamped envelope.
Selected scripts will be announced on February 12.
Call Melanie R. Buchanan at 765-423-7529 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Performances will be April 16 – 18, 2010 at the historic Monon Depot Theatre in downtown Lafayette.