Friday, March 5, 2010

In the Wings: The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (abridged). Meet Bill Ross.


Bill Ross performs in The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (abridged), the fourth production of the 2009-2010 MainStage season at Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette. The script is by Adam Long, Daniel Singer and Jess Winfield.

Bill is making his acting debut with Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette.

"I wanted to be in the show because it's a comedy and there's some improv involved," he said. "I read the script before I auditioned and as I read it I found there were more jokes than what the DVD showed. I picked up different references throughout the script. It's very smartly written. There are little things about the plays that the writers poke fun at, which is great because I hate Shakespeare."

All the actors perform multiple roles in the show. Bill described some of the things he does during the show.

"I sing and dance during Romeo and Juliet," he said. "And I also play an instrument as well; I think it's called a kazoolaphone. There's more, trust me."

Bill suggested what an audience will most enjoy about the show.

"People will look back and remember this as the first play I did before I hit Broadway," he said. "People will say, 'I knew him before he became the big star he is now. When he started dating Jessica Simpson, that was when he changed. But I knew him before that.'"

The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (abridged) runs three consecutive weekends from Friday, March 12 through Sunday, March 28 at the historic Monon Depot Theatre in downtown Lafayette. Shows on Friday and Saturday evenings begin at 8:00 p.m.; shows on Sunday afternoons begin at 2:30 p.m. Tickets are $15 for adults, $10 for youth age 18 and under.

For more information about the show or to order tickets, call 765-423-7529 or visit Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette's Web site, http://www.lafayettecivic.org/.

No comments: