Tuesday, November 23, 2010

In the Wings: The Best Christmas Pageant Ever. Meet Tori Rosa.


Tori Rosa plays Beth Bradley in The Best Christmas Pageant Ever, the holiday show in the 2010-2011 season at Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette. The script is by Barbara Robinson. Steve Koehler is the director.

Question: Why did you want to be part of The Best Christmas Pageant Ever?
Tori Rosa: When I read the book, I thought it was really fun. It seemed like the show would be a lot of fun. My sister, Bailey, told me that Steve is a great director.

Q: Tell me about Beth Bradley. How would you describe her?
T.R.: Beth is the narrator. Her mom ends up directing the Christmas pageant. She's a good kid, mostly.

Q: What do you think the audience will most remember after seeing The Best Christmas Pageant Ever?
T.R.: They'll like the Herdmans. They're pretty funny. They say a lot of funny things.

Q: What is it like working in a large cast like this?
T.R.: It's lots of fun. I haven't gotten to know everyone yet, but once I do it'll be even more fun than it is now. It's kind of crazy because there are so many people rehearsing.

Q: Have you ever been in a Christmas pageant?
T.R.: I have been in a few at church. I played Mary once.

The Best Christmas Pageant Ever will open Friday, December 3 and run three consecutive weekends through Sunday, December 19 at the historic Monon Depot Theatre at the corner of 5th Street and North Street in downtown Lafayette. Friday and Saturday evening performances will begin at 7:30 p.m.; the Sunday afternoon performances will begin at 2:30 p.m. There also will be a performance Thursday, December 9.

For more information about the show or to order tickets, call Civic Theatre's office at 765-423-7529 or visit Civic Theatre's website.


No comments: