Audition dates have been set for Out of Order, the fourth production in Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette's 2010-2011 MainStage season.
Auditions will be held from 7:00-9:00 p.m. on Sunday, January 30 and Monday, January 31 in the historic Monon Depot Theatre at the corner of 5th Street and North Street in downtown Lafayette.
Director Kate Walker asks that everyone auditioning arrive by 7:00 p.m. and be prepared to read from the script. Copies are available in Civic Theatre's office. Call 765-423-7529 to check out one for perusal. She is looking to cast the following roles:
- Richard Willey - A suave and successful man; a Junior Minister in the government.
- The Manager - A severe man.
- The Waiter - A nimble and wily old servant.
- The Maid - A plump Italian woman in her fifties.
- Jane Worthington - An attractive but dizzy young lady.
- The Body - A nondescript middle-aged man.
- George Pigden - An upright, pleasant man of nervous disposition.
- Ronnie - An angry young man.
- Pamela - An attractive, sophisticated woman in her forties.
- Gladys - A bossy but attractive women in her forties.
Richard Willey, a British government minister, plans an affair with a typist from the opposition. Things go wrong when they discover a dead body in their hotel room. The Minister calls in his PPS to sort out the mess and from then on matters go rapidly from bad to worse with assorted hotel staff, guests and just about everybody else intervening! Out of Order is a romping, hilarious farce that will leave audiences rolling in the aisles.
Out of Order will open Friday, March 11 and run three consecutive weekends through Sunday, March 27.