Thursday, April 14, 2011

In the Wings: The Velveteen Rabbit. Meet Myranda Clough.


Myranda Clough plays the Tin Soldier in The Velveteen Rabbit, the fourth and final production of the 2010-2011 Civic Youth Theatre season at Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette. The script is by local playwright Laurie Russell, based on Margery Williams' book.

Question: Why did you audition for The Velveteen Rabbit?
M.C.: I've always had an interest in acting, but I've never had the time to audition. But then I had the time, and I thought it would be a great opportunity and it has been.

Q: How would you describe the Tin Solider?
M.C.: He's almost rude in a way because he's always saying "Oh, you're in my way" to the rabbit and he doesn't have much control of it. He has almost a bullying personality.

Q: How have rehearsals been?
M.C.: I'm learning all different kinds of acting skills and I'm having fun with it. I look forward to rehearsal all week.

Q: What will be the best part of this show?
M.C.: We have a lot of great actors and we all our personalities are different. It's fun to see what kind of personalities are in the show.

Q: Do you have a favorite stuffed animal?
M.C.: I have a Build-a-Bear stuffed bunny that I named Mary. She's stuck with me throughout everything.

The Velveteen Rabbit opens Friday, April 22 and run through Sunday, April 24 at the historic Monon Depot Theatre at the corner of 5th Street and North Street in downtown Lafayette.

For more information about the show or to order tickets, call 765-423-7529 or visit Civic Theatre's website.

No comments: