Wednesday, July 6, 2011

In the Wings: Rent. Meet Nicki Eberle.


Nicki Eberle is in the ensemble of RENT, the first production of the 2011-2012 season at Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette. The book, music and lyrics are by Jonathan Larson, based on Giacomo Puccini's La bohème.

Question: Why did you want to be part of RENT?
Nicki Eberle: I'm a musical person and I love the show. I'm a theatre major at Indiana University and a dance minor. I'm really into performing in general, but RENT is very special to me because of things that have happened in my past. It touched my heart from day one. To perform in it is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

Q: Who do you play in RENT?
N.E.: I play Mark's mom and Alexi Darling, who is the TV producer trying to bring Mark to her show.

Q: What do you think an audience will most remember about a performance of RENT?
N.E.: I hope they remember the theme and the story the most. I also hope – even though it's a show full of boys kissing and girls kissing, and all those scandalous things for Lafayette, Indiana – they go home thinking, "That was an amazing production." I'm so happy that Civic Theatre is doing a musical like this.

RENT will open Thursday, July 14 and run through July 16 at the Tippecanoe County Amphitheater, 4449 ST RD 43 N, West Lafayette. Sunday, July 17 has been scheduled as a performance date if there are any rain outs. Performances begin at 9:00 p.m.

For more information about the show or to order tickets, call Civic Theatre's office at 765-423-7529 or visit Civic Theatre's website.

No comments: