Monday, July 11, 2011

Tom Long: 2010-2011 Rising Star recipient


Tom Long was recognized as one of Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette's Rising Stars in the 2010-2011 season. Rising Stars are awarded to people who have volunteered two years or fewer with Civic Theatre.

Q: What have you done this season with Civic Theatre?

T.L.: I worked on the sound board for The Taffetas and Tuesdays with Morrie, and I also worked backstage for Little Shop of Horrors. This summer, I've helped renovate the theatre and put in new seats and give a facelift to the theatre.

Q: Why did you get involved with Civic Theatre?

T.L.: I got involved because I had been missing something in my life for a long time. I was in theatre and television when I was a bit younger and I missed it. I was spurred into getting involved again. It's a different way to utilize my time, my mind and my skills. It's something different and a lot of fun. I've met a lot of good people.

1 comment:

Craig Martin said...

Great guy to work with! Hard worker and always a laugh - terrific asset for Civic Theatre.