Sunday, September 25, 2011

In the Wings: Rodgers & Hammerstein's Cinderella. Meet Ariel Laukins.


Ariel Laukins plays The Herald in Rodgers & Hammerstein's Cinderella, the first production of the 2011-2012 Civic Youth Theatre season at Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette.

Question: Why did you want to be part of Rodgers & Hammerstein's Cinderella?
Ariel Laukins: I had just finished The Music Man Jr. camp over the summer, and I really enjoyed it. I had wanted to do a musical with Civic Youth Theatre. Also, my mom used to sing songs from this show to me when I was little, including "In My Own Little Corner" and "Ten Minutes Ago." I thought it would be a really good show to do.

Q: How would you describe The Herald?
A.L.: The Herald doesn't have much of a personality. But he's telling the townspeople what's going on in the show.

Q: What will an audience most remember or enjoy about Rodgers & Hammerstein's Cinderella?
A.L.: They'll remember the ball scene because there are a lot of people and dancing and music and stuff. And also the stepsisters, played by Nate Shumate and Nelson Tilley. They're hilarious.

Rodgers & Hammerstein's Cinderella opens Friday, October 7 and runs through Sunday, October 9 at the historic Monon Depot Theatre at the corner of 5th Street and North Street in downtown Lafayette. Friday and Saturday shows begin at 7:30 p.m. Sunday shows begin at 2:30 p.m. For more information or to order tickets, call Civic Theatre at 765-423-7529 or visit its website.

No comments: