Tuesday, September 27, 2011

In the Wings: Rodgers & Hammerstein's Cinderella. Meet Nelson Tilley.


Nelson Tilley plays Joy in Rodgers & Hammerstein's Cinderella, the first production of the 2011-2012 Civic Youth Theatre season at Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette.

Question: Why did you want to be part of Rodgers & Hammerstein's Cinderella?
Nelson Tilley: I heard from my good friend Nate Shumate about Civic in general. I was interested for my theater career in expanding my shows and getting more experience with it. We heard there were ugly stepsisters in the show and we thought it would be fun to play them, so we auditioned for them.

Q: How would you describe Joy?
N.T.: Joy is the complete opposite of what her name states. She is very annoying and she's a brat.

Q: What will an audience most remember or enjoy about Rodgers & Hammerstein's Cinderella?
N.T.: I think they will be amused by the talent in this production. Our Cinderella, Sydney Cason, is just amazing. She has a wonderful voice. There are a lot of cast members here who are good actors and good singers. I hope they get a hoot out of the stepsisters because I think it will be funny to see men playing them.

Rodgers & Hammerstein's Cinderella opens Friday, October 7 and runs through Sunday, October 9 at the historic Monon Depot Theatre at the corner of 5th Street and North Street in downtown Lafayette. Friday and Saturday shows begin at 7:30 p.m. Sunday shows begin at 2:30 p.m. For more information or to order tickets, call Civic Theatre at 765-423-7529 or visit its website.

No comments: