Tuesday, November 22, 2011

In the Wings: The Honky Tonk Angels Holiday Spectacular. Meet Ariel Ivas.


Ariel Ivas plays Angela in The Honky Tonk Angels Holiday Spectacular, the holiday show of the 2011-2012 season at Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette. The show was created by Ted Swindley.

Question: Why did you want to perform in The Honky Tonk Angels Holiday Spectacular?
Ariel Ivas: I did a lot of performing at Jefferson High School. I moved back to Lafayette this summer, and I wanted to get back into acting and singing again.

Q: How would you describe Angela?
A.I.: She is very silly and outspoken. She sings "The Redneck 12 Days of Christmas," which is really fun.

Q: What will an audience enjoy most about the show?
A.I.: I think they'll like that it's an all-female cast. The harmonies are really good. It's a fun show, and it's super silly. It's fun for Christmastime with all the familiar songs.

Q: What are your favorite holiday songs?
A.I.: I really like "Joy to the World" and "Silent Night." "Jingle Bell Rock" is also one of my favorites. I like traditional Christmas songs.

The Honky Tonk Angels Holiday Spectacular opens Friday, December 2 and runs through Sunday, December 18 at the historic Monon Depot Theatre at the corner of 5th Street and North Street in downtown Lafayette. Friday and Saturday shows are at 7:30 p.m. Sunday shows are at 2:30 p.m. For more information or to order tickets, call 765-423-PLAY (7529) or visit Civic Theatre's website.

No comments: