Tuesday, January 10, 2012

In the Wings: Rabbit Hole. Meet Elizabeth Nolan Brown.


Elizabeth Nolan Brown plays Izzy in Rabbit Hole, the third show of the 2011-2012 MainStage season at Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette. The Pulitzer Prize-winning script is by David Lindsay-Abaire.

Question: Why did you audition for Rabbit Hole?
Elizabeth Nolan Brown: I hadn't read the entire play until after the auditions, but even at auditions with the sides I read for Izzy, I immediately thought, "Oh my gosh, I hope I get this role" because I loved it right away.

Q: Who is Izzy and what is her story?
E.N.B.: Izzy is the younger sister of Becca, the main character played by Kate Martin, whose son dies. Izzy has always been kind of a screw-up, but she's trying to mature at the same time and help her sister keep it together.

Q: What will the audience most remember about this production of Rabbit Hole?
E.N.B.: I love the script. The dialogue is really realistic and paints an accurate portrayal of how this situation is without sugar coating it or making it terribly sad to watch. The audience will be impressed by how much humor there is in the play mixed in with the drama.

Rabbit Hole opens Friday, January 20 and runs three weekends through Sunday, February 5 at the historic Monon Depot Theatre at the corner of 5th Street and North Street in downtown Lafayette. Friday and Saturday shows begin at 7:30 p.m. Sunday shows begin at 2:30 p.m. For more information about the show or to order tickets, call 765-423-PLAY (7529) or visit Civic Theatre's website.

No comments: