Monday, February 6, 2012

In the Wings: Miss Nelson is Missing. Meet Taylor Bundy.


Taylor Bundy plays Principal Humleker in Miss Nelson is Missing, the second show of the 2011-2012 Civic Youth Theatre season at Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette. The script is by Jeffrey Hatcher, based on the book by Harry Allard and James Marshall.

Question: Why did you audition for Miss Nelson is Missing?
Taylor Bundy: It's going to be one of my last shows at Civic Theatre, definitely my last show with Laurie Russell, the director, before I leave good old Indiana.

Q: What is the best part about playing Principal Humleker?
T.B.: I get to say stupid things like "Hubba, hubba" all the time.

Q: Who is your favorite teacher?
T.B.: Probably Miss Anderson. She's awesome. She taught English at Wea Ridge Middle School.

Q: Have you ever acted as bad as the kids in Room 207?
T.B.: I got written up a lot for being not focused. I walked around a lot while kids were doing homework; I was a little ADD.

Miss Nelson is Missing opens Friday, February 17 and runs through Sunday, February 19 at the historic Monon Depot Theatre at the corner of 5th Street and North Street in downtown Lafayette. Friday and Saturday shows begin at 7:30 p.m. The Sunday show begins at 2:30 p.m. For more information about the show or to order tickets, call 765-423-PLAY (7529) or visit Civic Theatre's website.

No comments: