Friday, February 10, 2012

In the Wings: Miss Nelson is Missing. Meet Dean Rhoda.


Dean Rhoda plays Raymond in Miss Nelson is Missing, the second show of the 2011-2012 Civic Youth Theatre season at Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette. The script is by Jeffrey Hatcher, based on the book by Harry Allard and James Marshall.

Question: Why did you audition for Miss Nelson is Missing?
Dean Rhoda: I wanted to audition for this play because I saw a bunch of other people saying how good their acting skills were, and I want to be like them. I'm starring in Miss Nelson is Missing so I can get started on my acting career.

Q: What is the best part about playing Raymond?
D.R.: He's intelligent. He can be sort of nerdy.

Q: Who is your favorite teacher?
D.R. My favorite teacher is Mrs. Whitchurch. I had her for first grade and third grade at Earhart Elementary.

Q: Have you ever acted as bad as the kids in Room 207?
D.R.: Never.

Miss Nelson is Missing opens Friday, February 17 and runs through Sunday, February 19 at the historic Monon Depot Theatre at the corner of 5th Street and North Street in downtown Lafayette. Friday and Saturday shows begin at 7:30 p.m. The Sunday show begins at 2:30 p.m. For more information about the show or to order tickets, call 765-423-PLAY (7529) or visit Civic Theatre's website.

No comments: