Thursday, February 9, 2012

In the Wings: Miss Nelson is Missing. Meet Ashlyn Short.


Ashlyn Short plays Phoebe in Miss Nelson is Missing, the second show of the 2011-2012 Civic Youth Theatre season at Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette. The script is by Jeffrey Hatcher, based on the book by Harry Allard and James Marshall.

Question: Why did you audition for Miss Nelson is Missing?
Ashlyn Short: I read the book and I thought it was so funny. I thought it would be even funnier if I was part of the play. So here I am!

Q: What is Phoebe like?
A.S.: She's kind of this shy, nerdy girl that doesn't want to be part of anything. She makes excuses of getting sick while lessons are starting. I get to fake-puke a lot. That's fun.

Q: Who is your favorite teacher?
A.S.: My favorite teacher is Mrs. Rider. She taught fourth grade at Lafayette Christian School.

Q: Have you ever acted as bad as the kids in Room 207?
A.S.: If I have I don't remember it.

Miss Nelson is Missing opens Friday, February 17 and runs through Sunday, February 19 at the historic Monon Depot Theatre at the corner of 5th Street and North Street in downtown Lafayette. Friday and Saturday shows begin at 7:30 p.m. The Sunday show begins at 2:30 p.m. For more information about the show or to order tickets, call 765-423-PLAY (7529) or visit Civic Theatre's website.

No comments: