Friday, April 13, 2012

In the Wings: Young Directors Project - I've Hit an Iceberg. Meet Tori Rosa.


Tori Rosa plays Character B in I've Hit an Iceberg, one of the shows in Young Directors Project, the fourth and final production of the 2011-2012 Civic Youth Theatre season at Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette. The script is by Danna Call.

Question: Why did you audition for Young Directors Project?
Tori Rosa: I was just in Pride and Prejudice and didn't have anything planned until summer camp. And I thought, "Oh my gosh, that's way too long to not be on stage."

Q: What is your character like?
T.R.: Character B has heard a head of lettuce talk to her while she's making a salad. She's freaking out, so she calls her best friend to come over and help her. They try to figure out why this head of lettuce spoke to her.

Q: Do you have an interest in directing?
T.R.: Not really. I feel like I would be a very bad director because I'd be very bossy and nobody would like me.

Q: What do you think an audience will most enjoy about this show?
T.R.: They'll enjoy the humor. It's a very funny show, very clever.

Young Directors Project opens Friday, April 20 and runs through Sunday, April 22 at the historic Monon Depot Theatre at the corner of 5th Street and North Street in downtown Lafayette.

Friday and Saturday shows begin at 7:30 p.m. Sunday shows begin at 2:30 p.m. For more information about the show or to order tickets, call 765-423-PLAY (7529) or visit Civic Theatre's website.

No comments: