Wednesday, July 11, 2012

In the Wings: Guys and Dolls. Meet Cody Walker.



Cody Walker plays Nicely-Nicely Johnson in Guys and Dolls, the first of two summer productions from Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette in 2012. The music and lyrics are by Frank Loesser; the book is by Jo Swerling and Abe Burrows. Next year Cody will be a sophomore at Chicago Academy for the Arts.

Question: Why did you want to be part of Guys and Dolls?
Cody Walker: We did Guys and Dolls Jr. a few summers ago, and I wanted to be part of it again. I played Big Jule the first time, and I wanted to try to get a different role.

Q: What is it like putting together a show in only a few weeks?
C.W.: Considering we've blocked half of Act I in a day and a half, it's different than what we're used to doing at Civic. I like it better; I don’t like a long, dragged out rehearsal process.

Q: In real life are you more like a Save-a-Soul person, or are you a gangster?
C.W.: I'm a gangster.

Guys and Dolls will run July 20 and 21 at the Tippecanoe CountyAmphitheater Park, 4449 State Road 43 North, West Lafayette. The shows begin at 7:30 p.m.

For information about the show or to order tickets, call Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette at 765-423-PLAY (7529) or visit its website.



No comments: