Monday, July 16, 2012

In the Wings: Guys and Dolls. Meet Jacy Marvin.



Jacy Marvin plays Big Jule in Guys and Dolls, the first of two summer productions from Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette in 2012. The music and lyrics are by Frank Loesser; the book is by Jo Swerling and Abe Burrows. Next year Jacy will be a senior at Harrison High School.

Question: Why did you want to be part of Guys and Dolls?
Jacy Marvin: I've always liked doing stuff out of my comfort zone, so I thought this would be a good thing for me. This is my first show.

Q: What do you think an audience will enjoy about the show?
J.M.: Probably the story and the comedy.

Q: In real life, are you more like a Save-a-Soul person, or are you a gangster?
J.M.: I probably would be more of a gangster, but not a real gangster … more of a Guys and Dolls gangster.

Guys and Dolls will run July 20 and 21 at the Tippecanoe County Amphitheater Park, 4449 State Road 43 North, West Lafayette. The shows begin at 7:30 p.m.

For information about the show or to order tickets, call Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette at 765-423-PLAY (7529) or visit its website.


No comments: