Tuesday, July 17, 2012

In the Wings: Guys and Dolls. Meet Meredith Roberts.



Meredith Roberts plays a Save-a-Soul Mission worker and a gambler in Guys and Dolls, the first of two summer productions from Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette in 2012. The music and lyrics are by Frank Loesser; the book is by Jo Swerling and Abe Burrows. Next year Meredith will be in eighth grade at East Tipp Middle School.

Question: Why did you want to be part of Guys and Dolls?
Meredith Roberts: I really like Broadway shows. I had heard the music before, and I thought it was cool. I also like to sing and act, so I decided this would be really fun and I should try it. It's my first Civic show.

Q: What is it like to put on a show in a short amount of time?
M.R.: It's kind of scary that you have only three weeks to get all the dances done and memorize everything. It's kind of a relief to have a smaller part because you don’t have to learn as much.

Q: In real life, are you more like a Save-a-Soul person, or are you a gangster?
M.R.: I'm more of a gangster.

Guys and Dolls will run July 20 and 21 at the Tippecanoe County Amphitheater Park, 4449 State Road 43 North, West Lafayette. The shows begin at 7:30 p.m.

For information about the show or to order tickets, call Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette at 765-423-PLAY (7529) or visit its website.



No comments: