Thursday, July 26, 2012

In the Wings: Oklahoma! Meet Aaron Walker.



Aaron Walker plays Curly McLain in Oklahoma! the second of two summer productions from Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette in 2012. The music is by Richard Rodgers. The book and lyrics are by Oscar Hammerstein II. Next year Aaron will be in 8th grade at Klondike Middle School.

Question: Why did you want to be part of Oklahoma?
Aaron Walker: My family has been very involved with theatre their whole lives. I had been involved when I was younger, like 6 and 7. I took a break for a couple years, and I'm back and I'm ready to take on bigger roles. I saw Oklahoma! on Broadway with Hugh Jackman, and I loved it.

Q: What is Curly like?
A.W.: Curly is an outgoing, tough guy who stands up for what he believes in.

Q: What do you think an audience will enjoy about the show?
A.W.: The duet between Laurey and Curly, "People Will Say We're in Love." It shows that you shouldn't hide true love. If it's meant to be, it's meant to be. You can't prevent that.

Q: Are you a city kid or a country kid?
A.W.: I'm going to have to say I'm a city kid.

Oklahoma! will run July 27-29 at the historic Monon Depot Theatre at the corner of 5th Street and North Street in downtown Lafayette. The Friday show begins at 7:30 p.m. The Saturday shows are 2:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. The Sunday show is at 2:30 p.m. Tickets are $5.00 per person.

To order tickets, call Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette at 765-423-PLAY (7529) or visit http://lafayettecivic.tix.com


No comments: