Wednesday, July 25, 2012

In the Wings: Oklahoma! Meet some of the farmers, cowmen and townspeople



There are several performers who play townspeople, farmers, cowmen and others in Oklahoma! the second of two summer productions from Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette in 2012. The music is by Richard Rodgers. The book and lyrics are by Oscar Hammerstein II.

Question: Why did you want to be part of Oklahoma?

Avalon-Rose Sterkenburg: I wanted to learn how to act.

Annie Moss: I wanted to learn how to act.

Zoe Lister: To act again.

Allie Roberts: I've been in lots of plays and musicals. I thought Oklahoma! would be another fun one.

Annie Thompson: I wanted experience with acting. This is my first show.

Taylor Tharp: I wanted to learn how to act.

Emma Straight: I wanted real theatre experience.

Lauren Sliger: I like singing and this is a musical.

Meredith Vance: I wanted to act again.

Bryanna Conner: I want to do things for the community, and this will help me do that.

Oklahoma! will run July 27-29 at the historic Monon Depot Theatre at the corner of 5th Street and North Street in downtown Lafayette. The Friday show begins at 7:30 p.m. The Saturday shows are 2:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. The Sunday show is at 2:30 p.m. Tickets are $5.00 per person.

To order tickets, call Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette at 765-423-PLAY (7529) or visit http://lafayettecivic.tix.com



No comments: