Tuesday, July 24, 2012

In the Wings: Oklahoma! Meet Tatum Shirley.



Tatum Shirley plays Ado Annie in Oklahoma! the second of two summer productions from Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette in 2012. The music is by Richard Rodgers. The book and lyrics are by Oscar Hammerstein II. Next year Tatum will be in 4th grade at Wea Ridge Elementary School.

Question: Why did you want to be part of Oklahoma?
Tatum Shirley: I just like plays, so I thought what better way to start? This is my first show.

Q: What is Ado Annie like?
T.S.: She's kind of boy crazy. She likes them a lot.

Q: What do you think an audience will enjoy about the show?
T.S.: I think they'll like the ending song, "Oklahoma." It's lively.

Q: Are you a city kid or a country kid?
T.S.: I live in the country, so I have to say I'm a country kid.

Oklahoma! will run July 27-29 at the historic Monon Depot Theatre at the corner of 5th Street and North Street in downtown Lafayette. The Friday show begins at 7:30 p.m. The Saturday shows are 2:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. The Sunday show is at 2:30 p.m. Tickets are $5.00 per person.

To order tickets, call Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette at 765-423-PLAY (7529) or visit http://lafayettecivic.tix.com


No comments: