Monday, August 27, 2012

In the Wings: My Way: A Musical Tribute to Frank Sinatra. Meet Cathy Russell.




Cathy Russell plays Woman #1 in My Way: A Musical Tribute to Frank Sinatra, the opening show of the 2012-13 MainStage season at Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette. The show was conceived by David Grapes and Todd Olson. The book was written by Todd Olson.

Question: Tell me why you wanted to be part of My Way.
Cathy Russell: I saw the show in Indianapolis a few years ago and really enjoyed it. We listen to the soundtrack all the time. So, it’s a thrill to be able to be part of performing this show.

Q: When did you first hear Sinatra music and what is your favorite Sinatra tune?
C.R.: I remember hearing him as a junior high student and loving the music. As I got older, I continued to listen to his albums, even in college when my friends would look at me really strangely! His music is timeless. How can you not love it? My favorite song is “It was a very good year.” I remember loving that song as a kid and I still love it.

Q: What will the audience like or remember most about this show?
C.R.: They will love that it’s classic Frank Sinatra music. It’s fun, it’s simple, it’s a great show. You’ll learn something about Sinatra, but mostly you’ll love the music.

Thanks to Julie Rosa for creating this post.

My Way: A Musical Tribute to Frank Sinatra opens Friday, September 7 and runs through Saturday, September 22 at the historic Monon Depot Theatre at the corner of 5th Street and North Street in downtown Lafayette. Friday and Saturday shows begin at 7:30 p.m. Sunday shows begin at 2:30 p.m.

Tickets are $18 for adults, $15 for seniors and $10 for youth age 18 and under. Tickets can be purchased by calling 765-423-PLAY (7529) or visiting http://lafayettecivic.tix.com

The mission of Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette is to enhance the artistic and cultural environment of Greater Lafayette through theatrical productions and educational opportunities.


No comments: