Tuesday, August 28, 2012

In the Wings: My Way: A Musical Tribute to Frank Sinatra. Meet Caitlin Benner.




Caitlin Benner plays Woman #2 in My Way: A Musical Tribute to Frank Sinatra, the opening show of the 2012-13 season at Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette. The show was conceived by David Grapes and Todd Olson. The book was written by Todd Olson.

Question: Tell me a little bit about you and why you wanted to be part of My Way.
Caitlin Benner: I was a student at Purdue the past five years and a vocalist with the Purdue Jazz Band, which I loved, but it didn’t give me much time for theater. Since this show is a musical revue and mostly singing, I thought it would be a great way to get back into my involvement with theater. Also, I worked with Paul Addison in Nunsense and I’ve known Bob Mindrum just about forever, and I knew I would enjoy working with them.

Q: Are you a Frank Sinatra fan and what is your favorite Sinatra song?
C.B.: I've loved and listened to jazz and Frank Sinatra since I was a child. Currently I've been enjoying listening to the "Strangers in the Night" album on my record player. I have many favorites, but I guess my favorite from this show is “The Best is Yet to Come,” which I spotlight in My Way.

Q: What will the audience like or remember most about this show?
C.B.: Memories are what we are going for with this show. It’s meant to help you reminisce. Everyone probably has some memory associated with a Frank Sinatra song and this show will bring that back to you.

Thanks to Julie Rosa for creating this post.

My Way: A Musical Tribute to Frank Sinatra opens Friday, September 7 and runs through Saturday, September 22 at the historic Monon Depot Theatre at the corner of 5th Street and North Street in downtown Lafayette. Friday and Saturday shows begin at 7:30 p.m. Sunday shows begin at 2:30 p.m.

Tickets are $18 for adults, $15 for seniors and $10 for youth age 18 and under. Tickets can be purchased by calling 765-423-PLAY (7529) or visiting http://lafayettecivic.tix.com

The mission of Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette is to enhance the artistic and cultural environment of Greater Lafayette through theatrical productions and educational opportunities.

No comments: