Wednesday, August 29, 2012

In the Wings: My Way: A Musical Tribute to Frank Sinatra. Meet Tim Devery.



Tim Devery plays Man #2 in My Way: A Musical Tribute to Frank Sinatra, the opening show of the 2012-13 season at Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette. The show was conceived by David Grapes and Todd Olson. The book was written by Todd Olson.

Question: Tell me why you wanted to be part of My Way.
Tim Devery: It’s a musical and it’s a small cast. That is my favorite type of show. And it’s just a bonus that it’s Sinatra.

Q: When did you first hear Sinatra music and what is your favorite Sinatra tune?
T.D.: My grandparents are big Sinatra fans. Whenever I heard the music, I loved it. It’s so smooth, how can you not love it? My favorite tune has always been “Fly Me to the Moon.”

Q: What will the audience like or remember most about this show?
T.D.: This show has great music with the biggest and best songs that Sinatra did along with some we never heard before.

Thanks to Julie Rosa for creating this post.

My Way: A Musical Tribute to Frank Sinatra opens Friday, September 7 and runs through Saturday, September 22 at the historic Monon Depot Theatre at the corner of 5th Street and North Street in downtown Lafayette. Friday and Saturday shows begin at 7:30 p.m. Sunday shows begin at 2:30 p.m.

Tickets are $18 for adults, $15 for seniors and $10 for youth age 18 and under. Tickets can be purchased by calling 765-423-PLAY (7529) or visiting http://lafayettecivic.tix.com

The mission of Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette is to enhance the artistic and cultural environment of Greater Lafayette through theatrical productions and educational opportunities.

No comments: