Friday, August 31, 2012

In the Wings: My Way: A Musical Tribute to Frank Sinatra. Meet Paul Addison.




Paul Addison is the music director of My Way: A Musical Tribute to Frank Sinatra, the opening show of the 2012-13 season at Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette. The show was conceived by David Grapes and Todd Olson. The book was written by Todd Olson.

Question: Tell me a little bit about yourself and why you wanted to be part of My Way.
Paul Addison: I've been musical director for several Civic Theatre shows over the past 10 years. I liked the idea that My Way only needs a trio instead of a full band for accompaniment, and that I could play piano, being familiar with most of the songs. Also, I've worked with all the singers before.

Q: Are you a Frank Sinatra fan and what is your favorite Sinatra song? 
P.A.: Yes, and I don't think I've ever met anyone, young or old, who doesn't like listening to Frank Sinatra. My favorite Frank Sinatra song is whichever one is going through my head at the moment. I like them all.

Q: What will the audience like or remember most about this show?
P.A.: Frank had a song for every age, every mood and every experience. For some, it will be the first time they've ever heard the songs, and for others, the first time they've heard these songs in several years. It's the songs themselves that the audience will remember.

Q: Is there anything else you would like to mention about the show or Sinatra?
P.A.: I love musical revues. There is no contrived plot to get in the way. Although most of the numbers are medleys, we sing from nearly 60 different songs in the show.

Thanks to Julie Rosa for creating this post.

My Way: A Musical Tribute to Frank Sinatra opens Friday, September 7 and runs through Saturday, September 22 at the historic Monon Depot Theatre at the corner of 5th Street and North Street in downtown Lafayette. Friday and Saturday shows begin at 7:30 p.m. Sunday shows begin at 2:30 p.m.

Tickets are $18 for adults, $15 for seniors and $10 for youth age 18 and under. Tickets can be purchased by calling 765-423-PLAY (7529) or visiting http://lafayettecivic.tix.com

The mission of Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette is to enhance the artistic and cultural environment of Greater Lafayette through theatrical productions and educational opportunities.

No comments: