Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Meet the Directors: Neil Radtke, Night of the Living Dead




Neil Radtke directs Night of the Living Dead, the first production of the 2012-2013 Civic Youth Theatre season at Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette. He is an 8th grade U.S. history teacher at Klondike Middle School in West Lafayette.

"This is the absolute dream directing job for me. The zombie genre is something that I have read a lot of and I've seen a lot of the movies. Getting an opportunity to put on the show with youth is special, being a teacher. The fact that Civic Theatre was willing to put on this show is tremendous. It's going to be a fun ride for everyone involved. It's going to be a huge cast and because it's in October, the timing is perfect. When I was asked to direct it, I couldn't say yes quickly enough. This is at the top of the list of shows I'll ever direct."

The mission of Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette is to enhance the artistic and cultural environment of Greater Lafayette through theatrical productions and educational opportunities.



No comments: