Lori Portner, Civic Theatre's Director of Outreach and Education, has announced the schedule of 2013 Summer Camps.
Registration for all camps begins Friday, Feb. 1. Registration can be done by calling Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette at 765-423-PLAY (7529), traveling to the office at 313 N. 5th Street in downtown Lafayette, or visiting the theatre's website.
The Summer Theatre Institute will be a full-scale production of A Midsummer Night's Dream. It is for youth ages 13-18. The cost is $350.
Participants will receive training that will prepare them for the next step in their acting journey. The professional staff will help the campers learn audition techniques, movement, vocal strength and acting skills that will serve them no matter what their final pursuits. The participants will also work toward a production of William Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream.
Technical crew members are needed for A Midsummer Night's Dream performances. This opportunity is for youth ages 13-18. Call 765-423-PLAY (7529) for available crew positions, including backstage crew, light board operator, sound board operator and set construction. There is no cost to be part of the tech crew.
* The Summer Theatre Institute - A Midsummer Night's Dream - June 10-28 from 1 p.m. to 9 p.m. each day. Performances will be June 28-29 at 7:30 p.m. A Rain Out performance is scheduled for June 30 at 7:30 p.m.
* Space is limited and filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
* Registration is not complete until full payment is received. Contact Civic Theatre if paying arrangements are needed.
* There are a limited number of partial scholarships available. Call 765-423-PLAY (7529) for more information.
* Campers must bring a sack lunch and beverage each day. Refrigeration is available. If the weather permits, campers will eat outdoors.
* All camps except the Summer Theatre Institute will be held in an air-conditioned environment.
* Refunds are given only for medical reasons.
* A medical form must be completed prior to the first day of camp.
* Civic Theatre reserves the right to cancel any class or camp due to low enrollment.
* Each camper will receive a free t-shirt.
The mission of Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette is to enhance the artistic and cultural environment of Greater Lafayette through theatrical productions and educational opportunities.