Monday, January 21, 2013

Meet the Directors: Shannon Sabel, Company



Shannon Sabel directs Company, the final production of the 2012-2013 MainStage season at Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette. She is semi-retired and teaches theatre appreciation at Ivy Tech.

"I adore Stephen Sondheim. I am totally convinced he is the reincarnation of Mozart, so I'm excited by that. I'm excited about the show in particular because it was such a groundbreaking musical when it was first produced in 1970. It was so different than anything that had gone before, and I think it still speaks very strongly to modern relationships and how people do or don't commit for whatever reason. We will update it to 2013, and I see few problems with that because it is a timeless story."

The mission of Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette is to enhance the artistic and cultural environment of Greater Lafayette through theatrical productions and educational opportunities.


No comments: