Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette and the Civic Playwrights Group are looking for area playwrights to submit previously unproduced scripts through mid-April. Up to eight scripts will be produced in the inaugural 10-Minute Play Festival on June 21-22, 2013, at the historic Monon Depot Theatre in downtown Lafayette.
* Scripts should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Residents from the 14-county Tippecanoe Arts Federation area are welcome to submit scripts. These counties include Benton, Carroll, Cass, Clinton, Fountain, Howard, Jasper, Montgomery, Newton, Pulaski, Tippecanoe, Tipton, Warren and White.
* The submission deadline is April 10, 2013.
* Writers of all ages and experience levels are encouraged to submit.
* There are no limits on the number of scripts a writer can submit, and genres of all types are encouraged.
* Scripts must be no longer than 10 pages, and only complete scripts should be submitted: no synopses with sample dialogue or proposals, please.
* Submissions must not have been produced before, either as full productions, workshops, or staged readings.
* The 2013 10-Minute Play Festival will include full productions of no more than eight 10-minute scripts.
* There are no royalties paid at this time.
Do you want to be involved with the Festival, but don't want to write a script? Civic Theatre and the Civic Playwrights Group also are looking for people who want to act in the 10-Minute Play Festival or help in whatever way they can. Please contact email@example.com for more information or call Civic Theatre at 765-423-PLAY (7529).
The mission of Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette is to enhance the artistic and cultural environment of Greater Lafayette through theatrical productions and educational opportunities.