Monday, April 29, 2013

In the Wings: Company. Meet Hannah Linson.



Hannah Linson plays Kathy in Company, the final production of the 2012-2013 MainStage season at Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette. The music and lyrics are by Stephen Sondheim. The book is by George Furth.

Question: Why did you audition for the show?
Hannah Linson: I have wanted to try out for a Civic play for years and years, and I never did. I thought, "Hey, I should do this." Then, it's also a musical and I had never done a musical before. I hadn't heard of Company before, although I watched the most recent revival before I auditioned.

Q: What does Bobby get out of his relationship with Kathy?
H.L.: Kathy is Robert's first love. He's very emotionally attached to her, but it scares him so he kind of pushes her away. He doesn't get anything from the relationship, but when she leaves him it's an eye-opener.

Q: What will an audience enjoy about Company?
H.L.: The music, obviously. It's phenomenal. It's interesting to see all the relationships in the play, that's my favorite part.

Q: What is your favorite Stephen Sondheim song?
H.L.: I don't know a lot of Sondheim, but my favorite song in this show in "Being Alive." I like "Sorry/Grateful" a lot, too.

Company opens Friday, May 3 and runs through Saturday, May 18 at the historic Monon Depot Theatre at the corner of 5th Street and North Street in downtown Lafayette. Friday and Saturday shows are at 7:30 p.m. The Sunday shows are at 2:30 p.m.

Tickets are $18 for adults, $15 for seniors and $10 for youth age 18 and under. Rush tickets may be available before each performance for $8 to students with a valid college or high school I.D. Follow @lafayettecivic to learn about availability for that night's performance.

The mission of Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette is to enhance the artistic and cultural environment of Greater Lafayette through theatrical productions and educational opportunities.

No comments: