Sunday, April 7, 2013

In the Wings: The Somewhat True Tale of Robin Hood. Meet Julia Spratt.



Julia Spratt plays Town's Girl in The Somewhat True Tale of Robin Hood, the fourth and final production in the 2012-2013 Civic Youth Theatre season at Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette.

Question: Why did you audition for the play?
Julia Spratt: This is my last Civic Youth Theatre show before I go off to college, and I felt it was perfect because I love the story of Robin Hood and I love comedies. I adore Tamzin Malone; we were in Arcadia together, and I wanted to do something with her.

Q: What is the Town's Girl like?
J.S.: She hangs around the town and is the narrator of the story. Her goal is to have a lot of fun and be in as many scenes as she possibly can. I'm like her in a sense in that I don't take a lot of crap from people, and the Town's Girl will not stand Robin Hood's sass. She'll send it right back at him.

Q: What will the audience enjoy in The Somewhat True Tale of Robin Hood?
J.S.: They will enjoy all the laughter. It's a really, really funny show.

The Somewhat True Tale of Robin Hood runs April 12-14 at the historic Monon Depot Theatre at the corner of 5th Street and North Street in downtown Lafayette. Friday and Saturday shows begin at 7:30 p.m., and the Sunday show begins at 2:30 p.m.

Tickets are $10 for adults, $5 for youth age 18 and under. Tickets can be reserved by calling 765-423-PLAY (7529) or visiting http://lafayettecivic.tix.com.

The mission of Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette is to enhance the artistic and cultural environment of Greater Lafayette through theatrical productions and educational opportunities.

No comments: