The fifth performance in the 2013-2014 Staged Reading Series at Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette will be a world premiere play written by a local playwright.
In the six years the Staged Reading Series has been part of the season, there have been eight world premieres:
* 2007-2008: Pia Zadora Sings Gershwin by Deborah Gray and A Very Bad Day for Brandon Butterworth by Scott Haan
* 2008-2009: In the Weeds by Steve Gooch
* 2009-2010: TILT by Laurie Russell
* 2010-2011: Roman Cokes by Jeff Spanke
* 2011-2012: Puzzles by Laurie Russell
* 2012-2013: A Wonderful Suicide by Diane Littleton Bahler and Going Through Hell by Steve Martin
The world premiere in the 2013-2014 season will be Tuesday, March 4 at 7:30 p.m. in the historic Monon Depot Theatre at 320 N. 5th Street - the corner of 5th Street and North Street - in downtown Lafayette.
For information on submitting a script for the Staged Reading Series for a world premiere, visit http://lafayettecivic.blogspot.com/2013/01/soliciting-original-script-submissions.html
Staged readings are Pay What You Can events. Tickets are available the night of the reading at the box office, and a question-and-answer session between the director, actors and audience immediately follows each performance.
The mission of Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette is to enhance the artistic and cultural environment of Greater Lafayette through theatrical productions and educational opportunities.