Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette is soliciting playwrights to submit previously unproduced scripts for its second annual 10-Minute Play Festival. Up to eight scripts will be produced at the festival, May 30-31, 2014, at the historic Monon Depot Theatre in downtown Lafayette.
* Only residents from the 14-county area served by the Tippecanoe Arts Federation may submit. These counties include Benton, Carroll, Cass, Clinton, Fountain, Howard, Jasper, Montgomery, Newton, Pulaski, Tippecanoe, Tipton, Warren and White.
* Submissions must be sent as a Word document or PDF to email@example.com
* Playwrights must submit a full script; no synopses or dialogue samples will be considered.
* Submissions must include a title page with the play's title, playwright's name and contact information. The author's name should not appear anywhere on the script.
* The second page of the submission should include a list of characters and the setting.
* Playwrights must use standard margins and 12-point Times New Roman font.
* Plays must last no longer than 10 minutes in performance time. As a guideline, this usually means no more than 10 pages of dialogue. Please read the script to yourself to check its length.
* There is no cost to submit a script. Playwrights are limited to submitting no more than 2 scripts.
* Deadline for submissions: April 18, 2014
* Response date: No later than April 22, 2014
* Probability of being selected: The second annual 10-Minute Play Festival will include no more than eight 10-minute scripts.
* Contract: There are no royalties paid at this time.
* Cast size: Casts with fewer than 5 characters are preferred.
* Content: No restrictions.
Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette is a community theatre located in downtown Lafayette, Indiana. Its home is the historic Monon Depot Theatre, which has a seating capacity of 155.
During Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette's inaugural 10-Minute Play Festival, six scripts were produced June 21-22, 2013: A Humble Path by Steve Martin; Adventures in Mutual Knowledge by Jeremiah Dole; El Loro, el Gato y el Espiritu Santo by Kelly McBurnette-Andronicos; Feed Me! by Zachary Baiel; Silent Treatment by Scott Haan; and Welcome to New York by Deborah Gray.
The mission of Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette is to enhance the artistic and cultural environment of Greater Lafayette through theatrical productions and educational opportunities.