Wednesday, November 6, 2013

In the Wings: Charlotte's Web. Meet Sydney Anderson.



Sydney Anderson plays Homer Zuckerman in Charlotte's Web, the second Civic Youth Theatre production of the 2013-2014 season at Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette. Joseph Robinette adapted the script from the book by E. B. White.

Question: Why did you audition for Charlotte's Web?
Sydney Anderson: I've auditioned for a few plays and didn't get a role because I was younger and I couldn't really remember a lot of things. I auditioned for this play, and I'm older so I thought I could read this better.

Q: Who is Homer Zuckerman? What is he like?
S.A.: He is the uncle to Fern, the girl who saves Wilbur from being killed. Originally he plans to slaughter Wilbur when Wilbur is big enough, but he changes his mind.

Q: What is your favorite farm animal?
S.A.: I like cows and pigs. I like piglets the most because they're cute. Calves are cute, too.

Charlotte's Web runs Friday, November 15 through Saturday, November 17 at the historic Monon Depot Theatre, 320 N. 5th Street, at the corner of 5th Street and North Street in downtown Lafayette. Friday and Saturday shows begin at 7:30 p.m. The Sunday show begins at 2:30 p.m.

Tickets are $10 for adults, $5 for youth age 18 and under. Tickets can be purchased by calling 765-423-7529 or visiting http://lafayettecivic.tix.com

No comments: