Friday, January 10, 2014

In the Wings: Bus Stop. Meet Aaron Newton.



Aaron Newton plays Bo Decker in Bus Stop, the third show in the 2013-2014 MainStage season at Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette. William Inge wrote the script.

Question: Why did you audition for Bus Stop?
Aaron Newton: I know Neil Radtke very well, and I wanted to do another show after performing in Witness for the Prosecution. I had read the script, and I thought it looked very interesting. I also wanted to get a chance to work with Steve Martin.

Q: Who is Bo Decker?
A.N.: Bo Decker is a rambunctious manly man from Montana. He is very green in a lot of aspects of life, not only women. It may be the first time he's been off the ranch. He thinks he owns the place wherever he goes.

Q: What is fun about playing Bo Decker?
A.N.: This gives me a chance to be a person that I'm not. All the attention has to be on him, and he's always loud, which isn't something I'm comfortable with: the way he carries himself. It's fun to play something that I'm not used to.

Q: Imagine that you are stuck at 1:30 a.m. in a diner that has a full working kitchen. What do you order?
A.N.: My grandma's pineapple salad: it's got pineapple, cheese cubes and marshmallows all mixed together. It's delicious.

Bus Stop runs Friday, January 17 through Saturday, February 1 at the historic Monon Depot Theatre, 320 N. 5th Street, at the corner of 5th Street and North Street in downtown Lafayette. Friday and Saturday shows begin at 7:30 p.m. The Sunday shows begin at 2:30 p.m.

Tickets are $18 for adults, $15 for seniors and $10 for youth age 18 and under. Tickets can be purchased by calling 765-423-7529 or visiting http://lafayettecivic.tix.com

The mission of Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette is to enhance the artistic and cultural environment of Greater Lafayette through theatrical productions and educational opportunities.

No comments: