Wednesday, January 15, 2014

In the Wings: Bus Stop. Meet Stephanie Bosma.



Stephanie Bosma plays Grace Hoylard in Bus Stop, the third show in the 2013-2014 MainStage season at Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette. William Inge wrote the script.

Question: Why did you audition for Bus Stop?
Stephanie Bosma: It was a good time in my life to get out of the house and be able to do one of my favorite things to do in the entire world: to be on stage. It is not soccer season where I drive to eleven practices a week. My husband was very happy for me to get to do something I love to do for the first time in fifteen years.

Q: Who is Grace Hoylard?
S.B.: She is an older, rough around the edges diner owner. She is set in her ways because she knows what her ways are and what she wants them to be. She has a love of gentlemen and having a companion. She is a caring person, too.

Q: What is fun about playing Grace Hoylard?
S.B.: Grace is different than I am. That makes it an intriguing part to play. She knows what she wants, I love her confidence and energy. I have fun when I'm her.

Q: Imagine that you are stuck at 1:30 a.m. in a diner that has a full working kitchen. What do you order?
S.B.: I order scrambled eggs, bacon, a Belgian waffle with fruit and whipped topping, and coffee with lots of sweetened cream.

Bus Stop runs Friday, January 17 through Saturday, February 1 at the historic Monon Depot Theatre, 320 N. 5th Street, at the corner of 5th Street and North Street in downtown Lafayette. Friday and Saturday shows begin at 7:30 p.m. The Sunday shows begin at 2:30 p.m.

Tickets are $18 for adults, $15 for seniors and $10 for youth age 18 and under. Tickets can be purchased by calling 765-423-7529 or visiting http://lafayettecivic.tix.com

The mission of Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette is to enhance the artistic and cultural environment of Greater Lafayette through theatrical productions and educational opportunities.

2 comments:

Sassafras Girl said...

Can't wait to see Stephanie. Haven't seen her since I directed her in Alice in Wonderland as the March Hare in 1998 (I think).

Stephanie B. said...

You are my hero, Sassafrass Girl! You directors better not be comparing notes on this troublesome actor! Heeheeee! Couldn't do it without y'all!