Steven Koehler, managing director of Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette, announced the 2014-2015 season during the inaugural Season Announcement Party on Wednesday, March 12, 2014.
There are 5 MainStage shows, 4 Civic Youth Theatre shows, 1 Holiday show and 6 staged readings. The season schedule is:
* The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde, Aug. 29 through Sept. 13. MainStage
* Circle Mirror Transformation by Annie Baker, Sept. 2. Staged Reading
* A Wrinkle in Time by John Glore, based on the 1963 Newbery Medal-winning novel by Madeleine L'Engle, Sept. 26 through 28. Civic Youth Theatre
* The Dixie Swim Club by Jessie Jones, Nicholas Hope and Jamie Wooten, Oct. 17 through Nov. 1. MainStage
* 8 by Dustin Lance Black, Oct. 21. Staged Reading
* Disney's Aladdin Jr., music by Alan Menken, lyrics by Howard Ashman and Tim Rice, Nov. 14 through 16. Civic Youth Theatre
* A Christmas Story, the Musical, music and lyrics by Benj Pasek and Justin Paul, book by Joseph Robinette, based on the 1983 motion picture of the same name and the book "In God We Trust, All Others Pay Cash" by Jean Shepherd, Dec. 12 through 14. Holiday show
* Clybourne Park by Bruce Norris, Dec. 16. Staged Reading
* The Children's Hour by Lillian Helman, Jan. 16 through 31. MainStage
* Time Stands Still by Donald Margulies, Jan. 20. Staged Reading
* Monster in the Closet by Angela D. Stewart, Feb. 13 through 15. Civic Youth Theatre
* Escanaba in da Moonlight by Jeff Daniels, March 6 through 21. MainStage
* World Premiere Staged Reading by T.B.D., March 10. Staged Reading
* Retreat! by Neil Radtke, April 17 through 19. Civic Youth Theatre
* Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, lyrics by Tim Rice, music by Andrew Lloyd Webber, May 8 through 10, MainStage
* Approaching Zanzibar by Tina Howe, May 12. Staged Reading
There will be individual posts for each show beginning the week of March 17.
The mission of Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette is to enhance the artistic and cultural environment of Greater Lafayette through theatrical productions and educational opportunities.