Director Laurie Russell has announced the cast of The Beverly Hillbillies, the fourth and final production of the 2013-2014 Civic Youth Theatre season at Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette. David Rogers wrote the script based on the television program by Paul Henning.
The cast includes:
* Granny - Mary Dewell
* Elly May - Annie Furtner
* Cousin Pearl/Mrs. Stokely-Smith - Madeline Roberts
* Mrs. Drysdale - Alysa Cline
* Miss Hathaway - Savanah Ehlers
* Mrs. Pennyweather - Megan Beaver
* Gloria Mundy - Lauren Meyer
* Emaline Fetty - Hope Quattrocki
* Frederika - Nicole Johal
* Groovy Monahan - Maggie Pearl
* Mrs. Oglethorpe - Josie Luptak
* Jed Clampett - Kevin Bayley
* George Turner - Matthew Roberts
* Brewster/Lt. Richards - Ryan Tucker
* Jethro - Christopher Fulk
* Mr. Drysdale - Axel Nielsen
* Percy - Rudy Ahlersmeyer
* Colonel Foxhall - Sam Haston
The lovable Clampett family rides onto our stage for an evening of hillbilly hilarity. Starting in the Clampetts' mountain cabin, the play follows them through the discovery of oil, their improbable invasion of hi-falutin' Beverly Hills society and the absurd adventures and ridiculous romances they encounter there.
The Beverly Hillbillies will run Friday, April 11 through Sunday, April 13 at the historic Monon Depot Theatre, 320 N. 5th Street– the corner of 5th Street and North Street in downtown Lafayette. Friday and Saturday shows will begin at 7:30 p.m. The Sunday show will begin at 2:30 p.m.
Tickets are $10 for adults, $5 for youth age 18 and under. Tickets can be purchased by calling 765-423-7529 or visiting http://lafayettecivic.tix.com
The mission of Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette is to enhance the artistic and cultural environment of Greater Lafayette through theatrical productions and educational opportunities.