We're previewing the 2014-2015 season at Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette this week. We're looking now at the Staged Reading series.
The fifth staged reading in the 2014-2015 season will be a world premiere play written by a local playwright. In the seven years of the Staged Reading series, there have been nine world premieres:
* Pia Zadora Sings Gershwin by Deborah Gray, 2007-2008 season
* A Very Bad Day for Brandon Butterworth by Scott Haan, 2007-2008 season
* In the Weeds by Steve Gooch, 2008-2009 season
* TILT by Laurie Russell, 2009-2010 season
* Roman Cokes by Jeff Spanke, 2011-2012 season
* Puzzles by Laurie Russell, 2012-2013 season
* A Wonderful Suicide by Diane Littleton Bahler, 2012-2013 season
* Going Through Hell by Steve Martin, 2012-2013 season
* To Tread Among Serpents by Kelly McBurnette-Andronicos, 2013-2014 season
The deadline to submit scripts for the 2014-2015 season contest is Friday, Sept. 19, 2014. More details on the submission requirements will be provided this week.
The staged reading will be Tuesday, March 20, 2015 at 7:30 p.m. in the historic Monon Depot Theatre at 320 N. 5th Street in downtown Lafayette – the corner of 5th Street and North Street.
Staged readings are Pay What You Can events. Tickets are available the night of the reading at the box office, and a question-and-answer session between the audience, cast and director immediately follow each performance. For more information, call 765-423-7529.
The mission of Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette is to enhance the artistic and cultural environment of Greater Lafayette through theatrical productions and educational opportunities.