Director Kyle Borcz has announced audition dates for The Importance of Being Earnest, the first show in the 2014-2015 MainStage season at Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette. Oscar Wilde wrote the script.
Auditions will be Sunday, July 13 and Monday, July 14 at Civic Theatre, 313 N. 5th Street in downtown Lafayette. People seeking to audition should arrive by 6:30 p.m. and be prepared to read from the script.
Kyle seeks to cast 5 men and 4 women for the following roles:
* John (Jack) Worthing, male in his late 20s/early 30s.
* Algernon Moncrieff, male in his mid to late 20s.
* Lady Augusta Bracknell, female in her (at least) 40s. Kyle will consider actors of either gender or any age.
* The Hon. Gwendolen Fairfax, female in her 20s. Lady Bracknell's daughter.
* Cecily Cardew, female in her late teens/early 20s. Jack's ward.
* Miss Prism, female. Cecily's governess.
* Rev. Canon Chausable, D.D., male.
* Lane, male. Algernon's manservant.
* Merriman, male. Jack's manservant.
Regular rehearsals will start Sunday, July 20 and typically will run Sunday-Thursday.
The mission of Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette is to enhance the artistic and cultural environment of Greater Lafayette through theatrical productions and educational opportunities.