Friday, June 6, 2014

In the Wings: The 10-Minute Play Festival – "You Don't Work Here." Meet Evan Myers.


Evan Myers plays Josh in You Don't Work Here, one of seven plays that are part of the second annual 10-Minute Play Festival at Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette. He also wrote the play.

Question: Who is Josh?
Evan Myers: Josh is a character who is looking for a job because his degree he received in school didn't line up to the career choice that he realized he wanted to have.

Q: What is a challenge or something exciting about acting in a 10-minute play?
E.M.: What's interesting so far is portraying someone I created. Not only do I get to play the character as I envisioned him as I wrote him, but I get to hear other people's input on what the character is like. The character becomes more diverse and dynamic because I get to hear what all my friends think about him.

Q: Fill in the blank: "In the time it takes me to _____, I could watch a 10-minute play."
E.M.: "watch '60 Minutes'"

The second annual 10-Minute Play Festival will be Friday, June 6 and Saturday, June 7 at 7:30 p.m. in the historic Monon Depot Theatre, 320 N. 5th Street – the corner of 5th Street and North Street in downtown Lafayette. All 7 plays will be performed both nights.

The festival is a Pay What You Can event, and general admission tickets will be available at the box office immediately before the event begins.

The mission of Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette is to enhance the artistic and cultural environment of Greater Lafayette through theatrical productions and educational opportunities.

No comments: