Director Susan Kisinger has announced auditions for "The Dixie Swim Club," written by Jessie Jones, Nicholas Hope and Jamie Wooden. It is the second show in the 2014-2015 MainStage season at Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette.
Five southern women who were college swim teammates meet one long weekend every August in the same beach cottage in North Carolina's Outer Banks to catch up, laugh and meddle in each other's lives. The show focuses on four of those weekends, and spans a period of thirty-three years. The Dixie Swim Club is the story of five unforgettable women - a hilarious and touching comedy about friendships that last forever.
Auditions will be Sunday, August 24 from 6-8 p.m. and Monday, August 25 from 7-9 p.m. at Oakland High School – 611 S. 21st Street in Lafayette. Those auditioning will be asked to read from the script. Everyone is asked to stay as long as possible at the auditions.
Susan seeks to cast 5 women. The characters are:
* Sheree Hollinger: practical, supportive and a fount of boundless energy.
* Dinah Grayson: a wise-cracking cynic and a lawyer at a prestigious firm.
* Lexie Richards: vain, youth-obsessed and has her plastic surgeon on speed dial.
* Jeri Neal McFeeley: perky, naïve and sees the positive side of everything.
* Vernadette Simms: the definition of a "hard-luck case," self-deprecating.
The mission of Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette is to enhance the artistic and cultural environment of Greater Lafayette through theatrical productions and educational opportunities.